Igniters,

I noticed that combination of PRIMARY_SYNC mode and readFromBackup=true
(both are default values BTW) introduces weird semantics when reading *on a
backup node*. Basically, if I do put and then get for the same key in the
same thread, I can get previous value. In my understanding, this happens
because even local backup is updated asynchronously in this case.

First of all, this is obviously confusing and would be considered as a bug
by most of the users (I just updated the key with some value, why would I
get another value when reading it?).

Second of all, it seems that we send a network message from primary node to
local backup, which doesn't make much sense to me and looks like
unnecessary performance overhead.

Is it possible to update local backup synchronously in this scenario?

-Val