Dmitriy,

The TTL map is a regular B+Tree-based map with the key being a pair (expire
time + key). It is obviously stored in memory when there is no persistence.
When persistence is enabled, it is handled as any other index tree - the
page replacement algorithm is applied. No heap is consumed for this tree.

--AG