Dmitriy,

fsync() is really slow operation - it's the main reason why FSYNC mode is way slower than LOG_ONLY. Fix includes extra fsyncs in necessary parts of code and nothing more. Every part is important - at the beginning of the thread I described why.

20% slow in benchmark doesn't mean than Ignite itself will become 20% slower. Benchmark replays only "data loading" scenario. It signals that maximum throughput with WAL enabled will be 20% slower. By the way, we already have option to disable WAL in runtime for the period of data loading.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov