Once the client is built it will be uploaded to the npmjs repository,
right? So, a JS developer can download the client from there without
touching the whole Ignite binary release.

However, those who download the whole Ignite binary distribution will find
node.js there (as well as .NET, C++, JDBC and ODBC).