I've double checked, we are really able to use IDEA inspection's to
inspect abbreviations by inspection's structure search and replace
templates.
It rather not intuitive and requires complex regex patterns.

Also, at first sight, it shouldn't be difficult to work with the
project's local properties from the plugin.

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.