Vladimir,

Please see inline

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 8:23 AM Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Denis,
>
> I partially agree with you. But there are several problem with syntax
> proposed by you:
> 1) This is harder to implement technically - more parsing logic to
> implement. Ok, this is our internal problem, users do not care about it
> 2) User will have to consult to docs in any case

Two of these are not a big deal. We just need to invest more time for
development and during the design phase so that people need to consult the
docs rarely.

> 3) "nodeId" is not really node ID. For Ignite users node ID is UUID. In our
> case this is node order, and we intentionally avoided any naming here.

Let's use a more loose name such as "node".

> Query is just identified by a string, no more than that
> 4) Proposed syntax is more verbose and open ways for misuse. E.g. what is
> "KILL QUERY WHERE queryId=1234"?
>
> I am not 100% satisfied with both variants, but the first one looks simpler
> to me. Remember, that user will not guess query ID. Instead, he will get
> the list of running queries with some other syntax. What we need to
> understand for now is how this syntax will look like. I think that we
> should implement getting list of running queries, and only then start
> working on cancellation.

That's a good point. Syntax of both running and killing queires commands
should be tightly coupled. We're going to name a column if running queries
IDs somehow anyway and that name might be resued in the WHERE clause of
KILL.

Should we discuss the syntax in a separate thread?