Hi Ilya!

Touching entries seem to me not a possible solution here. During what the period entry should be considered as recent? I think until all transactions which have touched the given entry are terminated. If all transactions which have read the particular entry are terminated - it can be safely removed. In this case we should track all such transactions somewhere. This tracking looks quite complicated and has some overheads. It reminds behavior of read lock which is out of scope of MVCC architecture - we use snapshots instead of shared read locks.

Thank you!

--
Kind Regards
Roman Kondakov