Vladimir,

I was thinking about your proposal to not evict locked and recent (the transaction that created the record is still active) entries from the cache. Let's imagine next situation: we have almost full memory and two transactions:

1. txA: "SELECT * FOR UPDATE"

2. txB: "INSERT ...many keys here..."

In this case txA locks all entries in the cache, and therefore we cannot evict any of them. If then txB is trying to add a lot of data, it lead us to the OOM situation, which user is trying to avoid using cache evictions.

I see two ways how to deal with this issue:

1. Allow OOM in MVCC caches with configured evictions and warn user about it in the docs.

2. Give up with the repeatable read guaranties in case of evictions for MVCC caches and warn users about it in the documentation.

Second variant looks better for me because user may not expect OOM when he has configured eviction policy for cache.

What do you think?

--
Kind Regards
Roman Kondakov