Thank you, Maxim.

>>On what we are trying to save by making Javadoc optional?

Space and time.

I doubt that we need a verbal description of what private method make.
Why we need it if we just can read the code?

Bright examples:

/**
* @param helper Helper to attach to kernal context.
*/
private void addHelper(Object helper) {
    ctx.addHelper(helper);
}

/**
* Gets "on" or "off" string for given boolean value.
*
* @param b Boolean value to convert.
* @return Result string.
*/
private String onOff(boolean b) {
    return b ? "on" : "off";
}

You have to support both code of method and their JavaDoc description, but
it doesn't get any sake.

>>Let's just help them to read the source code.

But at the same time, public method IgniteKernal#start doesn't have any
description except enumeration of attributes with apparent notes.
Maybe to give it a verbal description needs one or two pages of the screen.
Does it make sense?