Hello Igniters,

[A quick introduction: My name is Garrett and I manage documentation at
GridGain. I'm relatively new here — I've been at GridGain for 4 months —
but I've been in Documentation for most of my career.]

I put together some _proposed_ guidelines for Javadocs as a starting point
for us to discuss, *modify*, and hopefully eventually adopt.

These are based on what I've seen succeed at other companies/on the
internet:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=123900577

For me, the reason I prefer optional comments is that I don't want users to
have to wade through the obvious stuff to find the useful/insightful
information. If we can reduce the amount of comments, but still retain the
useful information, the readers will be rewarded.

Thanks!

===

Garrett Alley
Documentation