I made a (bad) assumption that this would also affect queries against
partitions. If “setLocal()” goes away but “setPartitions()” remains I’m happy.

What I would say is that the “broadcast / local” method is one I see fairly
often. Do we need to do a better job educating people of the “correct” way?

Regards,
Stephen