On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 3:03 PM Alexey Zinoviev <zaleslaw....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nice to see all of you guys (thanks Vladimir) here on dev-list of Apache
> Ignite that includes distributed ML.

Nice to meet you too Alexey, and thanks to Vladimir for introducing us to
this community.

> First of all, want to say thank you for your great work to build specs to
> the Java world, hope it will be helpful for Java devs in the nearest
> future.
> In the second, a few days ago I found a link
> <https://twitter.com/frankgreco/status/1242885726196424712> in Frank
> Greco twitter to this JSR and read a few examples to understand the
> proposed API.
> Also, we (in Apache Ignite ML) have experimental integration with
> TensorFlow for inference and distributed training purposes and I'm
> interested in TF Java API development  and DL4j/PyTorch possible
> integration.
> Will be great to have common API for different implementations.

Great, we're interested to hear about your experience with these libs, and
requirements for distributed training. I also saw
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/machine-learning  it looks like
something different from Tensorflow integration? I guess it would make
sense for end-users to use the same API for the same task regardless of the
backend library.
By the way, I recommend that you take a look at https://djl.ai it's deep
learning library from Amazon which is a Java wrapper around MxNet, TF and
PyTorch, they also participate in JSR381, and have provided initial
implementation.

> P.S. From my side, I've ready to join your team if the specification is
> not finished yet, because I have a few comments and thoughts based on my
> experience of different API usage. A few weeks ago I also joined to the
> developer group of JVM API for TensorFlow (SIG JVM), hope it will be
> helpful in both directions to communicate each other.

Sounds good,  at this phase we're looking for the input and feedback from
various communities in order to make API that will meet their needs.
So we would definitely like to hear your thoughts and we're open to adapt
the specification.

Best regards
Zoran

--
Zoran Sevarac, PhD, Associate Professor
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Organisational Sciences, Department for
| Oracle Groundbreaker Ambassador | Deep Netts <http://www.deepnetts.com>
Co-founder & CEO