Hi, Ivan!

I have only described ideas. But here are a few more details.

We can take care not to go beyond DataStorageConfiguration#maxWalArchiveSize.

Before increasing the size of WAL archive (transferring to archive /rollOver,
compression, decompression), we can make sure that there will be enough space
in the archive and if there is no such, then we will try to clean it. We cannot
delete those segments that are required for recovery (between the last two
checkpoints) and reserved for example for historical rebalancing.

We can receive a notification about the change of checkpoints and the
reservation / release of segments, thus we can know how many segments we can
delete right now.