Hi Alexey,
I like the idea.

1.

>   TBL-0001 is a *string representation* of the error. It is built from 2
> byte scope id (mapped to name TBL) and 2 byte number (0001). Both
> internally packed in int. No any kind of parsing will be necessary to read
> scope/category.

I think Alexey mean if it will be possible to make smth like that

catch (IgniteException e) {
    if (e.getScope() == "TBL" && e.getCode() == 1234)
        continue; // E.g. retry my TX
}

It looks useful to me.

2. How you see a cross-module exception throwing?
Assume, user call -> module A, which recursively call -> module B, which
fails.
So, module A component calls a module B component and got an Exception with
"B-1234" exception.
Module A do not expect any exception here and doesn't take care of "B-xxx"
error codes, but only "A-yyyy.
Should it rethrow exception with "A-unknown" (maybe "UNK-0001") code
or reuse "B-xxxx" code with the own message, pointing original exception as
a cause for both cases?

The first approach may looks confusing, while the second one produces too
many "UNK-" codes.
What code should get the user in that case?

--
Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov