Hi Nikolay,

Is there a specific motivation behind your proposal? I do acknowledge that
the semantics of the toBinary method is a little weird, but my concern is
that the way it works with arrays is just an example. Are you suggesting
changing collections, primitives, and other "first citizen" data types as
well? To me, that looks like a huge risky change without a clear value.

I actually believe that binary format *should not* be used as a universal
serde mechanism. It was designed as a data storage format, and the fact
that Ignite uses it elsewhere is a fundamental design flaw. BTW, this is
something we're trying to fix in 3.0.

That said, I'm not necessarily against the change (especially if we do not
change the default behavior). But I would like to better understand its
scope (e.g., arrays only or beyond?), as well as get some examples of use
cases that would benefit from the change.

-Val