I have just encountered this error myself after my project made the decision to
switch from Python 2 to 3.

I’ve added a comment to the JIRA with some additional details from my own
encounter with the error.

Looking at the impala-shell.py file, it’s clear that the error I encountered –
print statements formulated using Python 2 syntax that is not compatible with
Python 3 – exist throughout the code.  If this is the extent of the
incompatibility, then that’s a problem I am ready and willing to tackle.

Is there reason to believe that this problem is as simple as changing print
statement syntax, or reason to believe it is significantly more than that?

Thanks for the insight.
Asoka Diggs