I'm in favor of not spending developer time and effort to maintain
compatibility with 14.04. Personally I'm still developing on Ubuntu 14.04
so I'd be happy if we can support it without much pain. On the other hand
it EOLs in April 2019, so I might as well go to 18.04 now, should we decide
to drop support. Maybe not many other folks are on 14.04 after all?