Hi Julian,
        According to your issue, I wonder if the IoTDB you use is from the
official website of IoTDB, which version is v0.7.0. Since the synchronization
module was reconstructed once in March by myself, and the corresponding
synchronization module with the document you have read is in the master branch
of the GitHub repository of IoTDB. This will not synchronize the official
version in IoTDB website until the new version of IoTDB is released, so you can
update the IoTDB you use from the master branch of the GitHub of
IoTDB(https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb ) and then use it. I'm sorry
for the inconvenience. I hope this will help you. What's more, I'm looking
forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Tianan Li
School of Software, Tsinghua University