Hi,

> I wonder whether we could index the file by its name. (naming the tsfile by
> date) E.g., we store each day's data in one file and name it as
> sg-2020-07-20.TsFile. Then, we do not need to maintain the index in memory,
> we just need to check whether the file exist in the queried interval.

So, how to deal with the out of order data? Could you give more details.

Thanks!

runhus...@foxmail.com

From: Jialin Qiao
Date: 2020-07-20 18:21
To: dev
Subject: Re: [Discuss] How to delivery the device concept to users
Hi,

> The question I would ask is why "devices" hurt us.

I'd like to introduce this a bit. For each storage group, we flush the memtable
into TsFiles one by one. For each TsFile, we maintain a temporal index on
device level in memory. Suppose there are 3 devices in one TsFile, the index is
like this:

start time array: long[3] = {1, 1, 2}
end time array: long[3] = {5, 6, 10}
devicesToIndexInArray: Map<String, Integer> = {"root.sg.d1" -> 0, "root.sg.d2"
-> 1, "root.sg.d3" -> 2}

If we have millions of devices, for each TsFile, this index will reach dozens
of MB in memory. Although we could introduce the persistence of the index. It
is still recommended to decrease the number of devices.

I wonder whether we could index the file by its name. (naming the tsfile by
date) E.g., we store each day's data in one file and name it as
sg-2020-07-20.TsFile. Then, we do not need to maintain the index in memory, we
just need to check whether the file exist in the queried interval.

Thanks,
--
Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University