Hi all,

Let me voice my concerns and you can tell me if they're valid or not.

I fully appreciate that "a better Java experience" is a goal that we aim
to satisfy.

A major selling-point of Apache Isis is that it relieves the developer of
*a lot of* mundane stuff that they really don't need to worry about (UI,
DB access, etc).

However, *I* don't want Apache Isis to be locked into anything other than
Java [a].

What does "switch to" Kotlin mean? Will it require any change to existing
user projects?  Will all our users be happy to add Kotlin support to their
projects to continue using Isis?

Of course, whoever wants to can develop and provide whatever resources
they want to users (and announce them on the users mailing list) - as long
as the licensing remains Apache and there is no commercial advertising.

But the *core* Apache Isis infrastructure should continue to be usable by
the wider Java community.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Kevin

[a] This is *my* desire. If the community says it wants to move, then
that's fine. We can take that discussion to the users list at the
appropriate time.

--
Kevin Meyer
Ljubljana, Slovenia