Hi,

On 7/27/06, Marcel Reutegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm ok with putting the namespace and default prefix constants in
QName. But only for namespaces that are final and that's exactly the
problem with the xpath-functions namespace.

Good point. Another alternative for breaking the dependency is simply
to duplicate the namespace URI in the XPathQueryBuilder class until we
are happy with putting it to jackrabbit-commons.

Please note that http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions is not final
either. XPath 2.0 as of today is still a W3C Candidate Recommendation.
See also: http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#namespace-prefixes
here the fn prefix is bound to http://www.w3.org/2006/xpath-functions ;)

Oh, bugger.

Because the namespace uri http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions is
already bound to 'fn' an attempt to register e.g.
http://www.w3.org/2006/xpath-functions as 'fn' will result in a
binding like 'fn2' -> 'http://www.w3.org/2006/xpath-functions'. The
new namespace introduced with the more recent jackrabbit release will
in effect be hidden to an existing application. I think this is
acceptable.

A better upgrade path would probably be to detect a previous "fn"
namespace mapping and remap it as "fn2004" ->
"http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions"; or as "fn2005" ->
"http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions"; before mapping "fn" ->
"http://www.w3.org/2006/xpath-functions";.

BR,