Julian Reschke schrieb:
Looking at JCR2SPIs NodeImpl and HierarchyManagerImpl it seems that the only way to access a Node by absolute path is to recursively access all parent nodes, visiting their children.

This seems to be not only inefficient, but may also cause a problem when the given user doesn't have read access to all parent nodes...

Shouldn't we have something like:

  NodeId RepositoryService.getNodeId(QPath path);

OK,

in the meantime I realized that the IdFactory can do that for me, assuming it allows

  .createNodeId((NodeId)null, path);

...where path would be absolute -- which the one in spi2dav doesn't (why?). (As a matter of fact a createNodeId(Path) signature would be useful).

So given the fact that the SPI API at least in theory has the capability to do the lookup without having to access the parent collections, shouldn't JCR2SPI use that when circumstances require that?

Best regards, Julian