Hi,

Our original plan for the CMIS efforts was to manage them as organic
growth within Jackrabbit, essentially developing the code in the
Jackrabbit sandbox and inviting CMIS contributors as Jackrabbit
committers based on their contributions.

However, it seems that with quite a bit of interest around this and
with the codebase and potential committers having just a little
overlap with Jackrabbit core, it might be better to take the effort to
the Apache Incubator where the codebase and related community can
evolve more freely without being bound too tightly to Jackrabbit.

So, I've created a skeleton proposal [1] for "Apache Chemistry", a
project that would be based on the Chemistry code developed at Nuxeo
and the JCR-CMIS code in the Jackrabbit sandbox. Feel free to edit the
proposal and mark yourselves as initial committers if you're
interested in participating. See [2] for more background on what the
proposal is expected to contain and how we should move forward with
it. I'm volunteering to mentor the project.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ChemistryProposal
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting