Hi,

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I've created a skeleton proposal [1] for "Apache Chemistry", a
> project that would be based on the Chemistry code developed at Nuxeo
> and the JCR-CMIS code in the Jackrabbit sandbox. Feel free to edit the
> proposal and mark yourselves as initial committers if you're
> interested in participating.

Thanks to everyone who's been participating in writing up the
proposal; I think it's soon ready to be voted on! See [1] for the
current status.

Some points before we go ahead with this:

* Some of the initial committers do not yet have CLAs on file. This is
not a problem yet, but the sooner we have the CLAs, the sooner we can
create the committer accounts after the proposal has been accepted for
incubation.

* Anyone else interested in joining as an initial committer?
Dominique? It's of course possible to join also later, but then we'll
need to go through the standard from-patches-to-committership process.

* We now only have volunteer mentors from Day. The normal diversity
rules don't really apply to mentors, but it would still be good to
have someone with a different perspective join us as a mentor. Note
that you need to be an Apache member to be a mentor.

I'll now ping the gene...@incubator.apache.org list for some early
comments on the proposal.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ChemistryProposal

BR,