Hi,

On 14/09/16 04:35, Woonsan Ko wrote:
I found the problematic code in populate.jsp and
created a pull request with detailed information:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3893

thanks a lot for investigating why the JSP doesn't
work with Java 8.

But, unfortunately, I found another issue. The page uses the
outdated/unsupported google api so it's not working at the moment:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4022

The new google web search api requires a valid key, so maybe do we
need to consider a different way (e.g, simply creating lorem ipsum pdf
documents) instead?

Given that the populate.jsp is just a convenience and
not a core feature of jackrabbbit-standalone, I would
rather remove it entirely. There are other ways to
populate the repository. E.g. use a WebDAV client and
upload some documents.

Regards
 Marcel