Hi,
in the context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRVLT-345
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRVLT-345> I have been working on a
generic validator SPI as well as some validator implementations. Currently they
are part of a PR
(https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-filevault-package-maven-plugin/pull/28
<https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-filevault-package-maven-plugin/pull/28>)
belonging to the filevault-package-maven-plugin (the classes in package
o.a.j.f.maven.packaging.validator) and to some extent tightly coupled to Maven
(i.e. they use JSR330 annotation and Sisu metainformation,
https://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html
<https://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html>).
Mark proposed in
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-filevault-package-maven-plugin/pull/28#issuecomment-532738071

<https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-filevault-package-maven-plugin/pull/28#issuecomment-532738071>
 to move  the SPI to a dedicated filevault module instead to make it possible
to leverage the same validators also from vlt or some 3rd party gradle plugin.
That would require some additional effort and also one has to come up with
technology agnostic way for registering services (e.g.
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/ServiceLoader.html
<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/ServiceLoader.html>).

I can see some usage for Maven agnostic FileVault validators but this is
different from the original proposal. Therefore I would like to know if there
is a real need for leveraging those validators outside of Maven?

TIA for your input,
Konrad