Ok, I am convinced. I created
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-filevault/pull/58
<https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-filevault/pull/58> for the addition of
the validation framework to FileVault itself.
Actually it was not too much work.
This includes both SPI and API (Maven agnostic).
Review would be highly appreciated.

Only a very thin layer is now necessary to leverage validation e.g. in Maven (I
am working on that as well), as well as in other toolings (any volunteers?).

Thanks for the input,
Konrad