You can have your own shaded version of the lucene 3.6 jars. We're
doing just that with the oak-lucene artifact, as we use elasticsearch
which is using a much more recent version of lucene in the same
project. I can't give exact details on how to set up the maven
artifact for the old jackrabbit version. Here's the pom file for the
oak-lucene-shaded artifact for oak at least:
https://github.com/tveimo/oak-lucene-shaded

--
-Tor