On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 23:47:36 -0800
Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org> wrote:

> Looking at the JCLOUDS-1xxx issues (September 2015 to present), our
> users reported 8 JDK 7 issues and 8 JDK 8 issues.  You can repeat this
> analysis via:

That does not really help favor one over the other. Really seems like a
call will have to be made. Continue supporting both, or stop supporting
1.7, or just bug fix etc. Probably need to look into what the actual
issues are with 1.7.

Seems like something all projects are faced with, and having supported
1.7 for this long. I think you all have been generous enough. I would
just move to 1.8, and if anyone needs 1.7 support still. Have them help
with maintaining a version for such.

Going forward I would assume less to need 1.7, and those still on 1.7
eventually will move past. JClouds usage on 1.7 should be declining vs
increasing.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.