On 03/10/12 21:21, Marco Neumann wrote:
we've upgraded a machine from jena-fuseki-0.2.2 to jena-fuseki-0.2.4
and now receive "Broken Pipe" errors on some simple describe queries
with jdk1.6.0_26 and a TDB backend

any suggestions?

It's not clear to me what's going on. If the request asks for gzip'ed results, then Jetty closes the gzip stream quite early but I don't see why that is a problem - the code is much like the result set case.

Presumably, the server continues. The output looks to come from internal debugging but it should not affect anything after it cleans up (by ignoring the problem).

What's the client calling code? Could the client have gone away before the end of results were read? Is it asking/allowing gzip results?

A test case to reproduce this would be good.  Does it happen every describe?

(we should probably ignore IOExceptions, or at least only lightly log them, at this point because they are usually things like client leaving early or low-level network faults)

        Andy

org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException
         at
org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpGenerator.flushBuffer(HttpGenerator.java:921)
         at
org.eclipse.jetty.http.AbstractGenerator.flush(AbstractGenerator.java:452)
         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.flush(HttpOutput.java:94)
         at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$Output.flush(HttpConnection.java:1010)
         at
org.apache.jena.fuseki.servlets.ResponseModel.doResponseModel(ResponseModel.java:124)
         at
org.apache.jena.fuseki.servlets.SPARQL_Query.sendResults(SPARQL_Query.java:327)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
         at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.write0(Native Method)
         at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(SocketDispatcher.java:29)
         at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:72)
         at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:28)
         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:334)
         at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.ChannelEndPoint.flush(ChannelEndPoint.java:247)
         at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.BlockingChannelConnector$BlockingChannelEndPoint.flush(BlockingChannelConnector.java:248)
         at
org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpGenerator.flushBuffer(HttpGenerator.java:860)
         ... 35 more