thanks Andy I will stick with jena-fuseki-0.2.2 for now, it seems
subjectively to be faster as well.

I use the fuseki installation as a data provider for web frontends.
the particular describe query that breaks works fine with the fuseki
server sparql form but does not with the specific http client request.

I will keep your comments in mind do some further tests with
jena-fuseki-0.2.4 in the sandbox

--

---
Marco Neumann

Join us at SemTech Biz in New York City October 15-17, 2012 and save
15% with code STMN
http://www.lotico.com/evt/SemTechBizNYC2012