I'm trying to deal with pull requests in submission order.

I have pulled #24 but when I tried to pull #25, I got several merge conflicts that were not obvious as to how they should be resolved. I suspect it is because #24 was revised but #25 is relative to an older #24 state.

The result was a truly messed up local repository. The #25 commits were in a mixed chronological order with regard to #24, mixed with other separate activity in master and because there are a lot of small commits.

Current state:

All pull requests except #25 and #22 have been pulled.

#22 (NOTICE) needs setting and aligning with a LICENCE, and coupled to what gets into the binary artifacts. I didn't find dealing with one part of without coordination with all the necessary changes very helpful and I prefer to leave the use of any autogenerated files until all are ready.

And I can't run "mvn verify" in apache-jena-osgi.

        Andy

I'm sorry, it is difficult to make a pull request be compatible with
other pull request as I can't tell in advance the merge order, and I
didn't want the file renames to go the wrong way around.

If you want I can recreate #24 from scratch now that you have merged
the #21 and #23. (Thank you!). You don't need the close #24 as I can
do an evil git push --force.

Or we can just let the dual-modules jena-osgi and jena-osgi-test stay
for the 2.13.0 release.

The idea of #24 was not to add a OSGi binary distribution build
(although it would leave an obvious place for it), it just reorganized
the modules as you suggested.

So for NOTICE/LICENSE, we can do that as a separate thread, although I
thought the stub from #22 would be sufficient for now as it covers
exactly the content of the bundle JAR (*.jena, xerces and xml-apis),
and the NOTICE file of apache-jena/ is also done manually. (which does
lead to a maintenance problem, I agree).

To generate NOTICE automatically by Maven can be done, but I'm not
very skilled in the magic here - perhaps others know more. For
jena-osgi the challenge is to play with those scopes so that it's
picks up the correct licenses - we don't want to declare any NOTICE
for say HTTP Components as that is an external dependency that is not
included in the bundle binary.