Github user afs commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/51#issuecomment-91190852

    Hi Alexis,

    I see that Comète is GPL3-licensed. That means that the project can
incorporate source code licenced under the Apache License and still make the
overall license GPL3, this is what required by GPL3.  The Free Software
Foundation and the Apache Software Foundation both recognize this.

    The other way isn't possible - if software, or changes, are licenced under
GPL3, then an Apache License system would need to become GPL3 to fulfil the
requirements of GPL3.

    If the changes can be separated from the rest of the GPL3-codebase and if
you are able to license them as Apache License, then at least the licensing
issues are sorted out.  I acknowledge that they might not be possible because
of the way Comète is setup.

---
with INFRA.
---