Github user afs commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/62#issuecomment-104236721

    Re: private methods

    I turned on Eclipse's "warn on unused private member" which includes
private methods, (it does not seem to separate the two).

    A quick scan of code I recognized suggests they represent functionally
there for completeness, maybe also used at one time, just not currently active.
 That represents useful code IMO.

    I didn't find much that seemed removable so, from my limited experiment, it
does not look like it would be so useful / much return-on-investment.

    "Mostly harmless"

---
with INFRA.
---