GitHub user ajs6f opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/151

    FCREPO-576: Moving away from deprecated HttpCommons Client API

    This is a bit of a shake-up in the HTTP machinery, but as per discussion
with @afs , a "big bang" discarding the use of mutable HTTP clients seems like
the least painful approach to move forward. Several pieces of Jena machinery
are removed in this, including `HttpAuthenticator` and its impls, in favor of
directly using HTTP Commons machinery to the same ends. This will cause some
annoyance to folks who have used those Jena types, but I think we can
reasonably mitigate that with good release docs and readiness to help on-list.

    There is at least one TODO that remains here, which is to reenable the
total-read-timeout for `QueryEngineHTTP`. The immutable nature of HTTP clients
in the current HTTP Commons API means that it's no longer a simple matter to
just pass through that timeout to HTTP machinery. I will work up a [replacement
piece](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6764035/apache-httpclient-timeout)
using `ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor` to timeout running requests, but I wanted
to get this out there and let folks react to it to make sure that I'm on the
right road before going any further.

    $ git pull https://github.com/ajs6f/jena JENA-576-2

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/151.patch

    This closes #151

----
commit 9ed53f7a1647fa2a66cc29a1806279b83fc674e3
Author: ajs6f <aj...@virginia.edu>
Date:   2016-07-06T20:42:05Z

    FCREPO-576: Moving away from deprecated HttpCommons Client API

----

---
with INFRA.
---