ASF GitHub Bot commented on JENA-576:
Github user afs commented on the issue:
New branch : [http_op_2](https://github.com/afs/jena/tree/http_op_2)
This is PR#151, the clean-ups in Jena master and some server control for
In particular, the pooling `HttpClient` is reset when the server is
1. The `UnsupportedOperationException` has gone away and I don't know why.
1. (not new) the "WithAuth" tests are marked "Ignore" due to exhausting
ports. Maybe we should have a few tests for auth at some time.
1. jena-jdbc uses the plugin `com.mycila.maven-license-plugin` ... except
this gets it wrong! The comment must start `/**` not just `/*` which we use
elsewhere. It also runs late, whereas the RAT runs early. I suggest we remove
this plugin as it duplicates functionality.
2. jena-jdbc overrides the maven-source-plugin version for no reason I can
3. Is aspect4j really needed anymore? It is quite out of date.
> Upgrade Apache HTTP Client to 4.3
> Key: JENA-576
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-576
> Project: Apache Jena
> Issue Type: Dependency upgrade
> Components: ARQ
> Affects Versions: Jena 2.11.0
> Reporter: Rob Vesse
> Assignee: Rob Vesse
> Priority: Minor
> Original Estimate: 72h
> Remaining Estimate: 72h
> As of 2.11.0 ARQ centralizes all HTTP operations through HttpOp which relies
> on Apache HTTP Client. Currently we are using 4.2.3 while the latest stable
> release is actually 4.3.1
> Therefore we should look at upgrading our code to use the latest version
> which may entail some refactoring since there appears to have been some
> breaking changes across the minor version bump which users have seen in usage
> - e.g.
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA