Jena 3.1.0 would be around the end of the year. I'd like to make use of Greg's GeoSPARQL project the "headline" item for the release and to retire jena-spatial in 3.10.0 as an indication of this.

Because retirement is a new process for the project, I'm sending this first 3.10.0 message quite early to give us discussion time.

== Retirements

We have talked about this before but not actually done anything. See separate thread for discussion on retirement process and for the first modules:

jena-spatial
jena-fuseki1
jena-csv

== Headlines

JENA-664 : GeoSPARQL support

I'd like to make use of Greg's GeoSPARQL project the "headline" item for the release and to retire jena-spatial in 3.10.0 as an indication of this.

JENA-1621 : Lucene upgrade to 7.4
   May need to reload lucene indexes.
(e.g. the lucene index was create originally with Lucene v5.x (prior Jena 3.3.0). See Lucene upgrade tool.
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_4/indexupgrader-tool.html

JENA-1623 : Fuseki security
JENA-1627 : HTTP support
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-1623
http://jena.staging.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/data-access-control

== JIRA:

31 currently.

https://s.apache.org/jena-3.10.0-jira

== Updates

Only plugins. JENA-1624

surefire : 2.21.0 -> 2.22.1 (+ SUREFIRE-1588)
compiler : 3.7.0 -> 3.8.0
shade    : 3.1.0 -> 3.2.0

        Andy