Hello,
Today when users want to ask a question about JMeter there are many ways:

   - Our way:
      - User mailing list
      - Other ways:
      - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/jmeter
      - There is a slack for jmeter

So if we look at our mailing list:

   - http://jmeter.apache.org/mail.html
   - http://jmeter.apache.org/mail2.html

The left link on website goes to mail.html and there is some long text to
read:

   - Do users read it ?
   - If we look at its content, it is very defensive:
      - *Respect the mailing list type *
      - *Join the lists that are appropriate for your discussion.*
      -
*Ask smart questions. *
      - *Keep your email short and to the point; use a suitable subject
      line. *
      - *Do your best to ensure that you are not sending HTML or "Stylized"
      email to the list.*
      - *Please don't send attachments or include large chunks of code*
      - *Do not cross post messages. *
      -
*Watch where you are sending email. *
   - *Isn't it kind of scary for the newbie who wants to ask some question
   ?*

Shouldn't we just remove mail.html and  directly link to mail2.html and
mention guidelines in it ?

--
Regards.
Philippe