What about setting the setting as default?

In my case (switching from an empty sampler to a biggish sampler under windows), the setting has not solved the long delay. Maybe I did a mistake and will look further into it. (Could anyone confirm, that switching between 0 and biggish (200-600 KByte) samples will inflict an unresponsive GUI?)

But either way, I think we should not release rc1 as it will not look good on windows with Java 11.

Felix