> On Nov 21, 2016, at 5:29 PM, kellen sunderland <kellen.sunderl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hey all,  I've got two quick questions about the language packs + Dockerhub.
>
> First of all, would anyone be opposed to host Dockerized version of the
> language packs on Dockerhub?  I'd like to post them largely for deployment
> convenience (and also for the free bandwidth).

This is a great idea that I support!

> My second question is related to the user experience when launching a
> language-pack based container.  What I'd like to do is to run the http
> server w/ the REST API, but also to serve the demo page via the same server
> so that clients can connect and immediately play with it.  Is there some
> way to serve the demo page via the http server now that I'm missing?  Is
> this a potential improvement I could look into?

The demo page is loaded client-side and uses direct AJAX queries to connect to
the Joshua server. So no web serving is needed. I think it'd be better to have
a version of the code that connects to Joshua on the server side, but I don't
think I'll have time to do this. If anyone has suggestions for the best way
(e.g., tools) to approach this, maybe I could.

One thing about the REST API (which I will document soon, maybe tonight) is
that it receives only a single request at a time. So it's going to be slower
than a direct TCP socket. Should we extend the REST API to receive an arbitrary
number of translations?

> Here's a link to the first image I've been playing with, es-en.
> https://hub.docker.com/r/kellens/apache-joshua-es-en-2016-10-05/

Awesome, I'll look later tonight.