*** Missed the [DISCUSS] tag in the previous email. Reposting here, please
reply in this thread instead ***

Hi all.

While we are in the midst of some very interesting KIP discussions, I'd
like to bring a brief and useful KIP on the table as well.

It's about enabling redirection of log4j logging to a file for Kafka
Connect by default, in a way similar to how this is done for Kafka brokers
today.

You might find it short and straightforward but, still, needs to be
discussed as a KIP since it's an externally visible (yet compatible) change
in how Connect logs its status during runtime.

Here's a link to the KIP:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-521%3A+Enable+redirection+of+Connect%27s+log4j+messages+to+a+file+by+default

Looking forward to your comments!
Konstantine