Hi

I am working on exactly-once semantics with Kafka and I have streaming
scenario of read-process-write. I noticed the new exactly-once scalability
design with correctness in case of partition reassignment here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LhzHGeX7_Lay4xvrEXxfciuDWATjpUXQhrEIkph9qRE/edit#

It all looks great and I understand we need to rely on
PendingTransatcionException and ProducerFencedException. However, we are
using confluent library and .NET and I don't see any of these exceptions.

How do I ensure correctness of fencing of zombie producer transactions when
using .NET confluent library? What exceptions are retry-able and what are
not? Can I call abortTransaction on any Kafka exception ? I don't find good
examples in the documentation.
Any pointers or answers are kindly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Saher

--
*Saher Ahwal*

*Massachusetts Institute of Technology '13, '14*
*Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science*
*sa...@alum.mit.edu <sa...@mit.edu> | 617 680 4877*