Hi Boyang

Thank you so much for the reply. I opened an issue on confluent dotnet on
github and it was answered here:
https://github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-dotnet/issues/1342
I will re-paste it here for the benefit of others who might be interested:

Matt's reply from Confluent:
"

We don't have specific exceptions (yet) - rather you'll get a
KafkaException with
an Error field set. Error has properties that indicate whether the error is
retriable etc. and an ErrorCode to tell you specifically what the error is.

We do intend to add more specific exception types in the future (its better
UX), but we don't have them presently.

We will hopefully document this better when we implement KIP-447 (currently
not implemented).

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-447%3A+Producer+scalability+for+exactly+once+semantics

this example might be helpful:
https://github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-dotnet/tree/master/examples/Transactions