Hey Brandon,

I think that's an interesting idea, we got something as a built-in
connector feature in Debezium, too [1]. Two questions:

* Can "field" select nested fields, e.g. "after.email"?
* Did you consider an option for specifying salt for the hash functions?

--Gunnar

[1]
https://debezium.io/documentation/reference/connectors/mysql.html#mysql-property-column-mask-hash