Hi there,
While looking closely at the classes affected by this change, I realized
that ThreadMetadata has a reference in its public API to the soon to be
deprecated TaskMetadata. For this reason, I updated the KIP to reflect that
2 more changes are needed for this KIP:
ThreadMetadata:
- Deprecate activeTasks() and standbyTasks()
- Add getActiveTasks() and getStandbyTasks() that return the new Interface
instead.

I also wrote it on the KIP, but this thing crossed my mind, do we need to
keep source compatibility for this particular change?

I would be really grateful if you could provide any feedback on the KIP (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/XIrOCg)

Thanks in advance,