Hey Ryan,

`kafka.controller:type=KafkaZkController` does not exist today as the
current
controller uses `kafka.controller:type=KafkaController`. I think that we
should
stick to the existing one and provide the same metric for both the old and
the
new controller. Besides this, the KIP looks good to me.

Best,
David