Hi Tom,

It'd be good to avoid a breaking change in a subsequent release that is
related to the modernization of KafkaFuture. Avoiding to use a reference to
an non-public implementation class in the public interfaces seems to help
us with that, as you observed. I'm approving KAFKA-13276 to be included in
RC2 along with the other blockers.

Thanks,
Konstantine