Hi James,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, this is a good point, to know how many segments to be recovered if
there are some large partitions.
I've updated the KIP, to add a `*RemainingSegmentsToRecover*` metric for
each log recovery thread, to show the value.
The example in the Proposed section here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-831%3A+Add+metric+for+log+recovery+progress#KIP831:Addmetricforlogrecoveryprogress-ProposedChanges>
shows what it will look like.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you.