Hi Tom and Raman,

Thanks for your comments.

> 1. There's not a JIRA for this KIP (or the JIRA link needs updating).
2. Similarly the link to this discussion thread needs updating.
> Please update the links to JIRA and the discussion thread.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I've updated the KIP.

> 3. I wonder whether we need to keep these metrics (with value 0) once the
broker enters the running state. Do you see it as valuable? A benefit of
removing the metrics would be a reduction on storage required for metric
stores which are recording these metrics.

Yes, removing the metrics after log recovery completed is a good idea.
Updated the KIP.

> 4. I think the KIP's public interfaces section could be a bit clearer.
Previous KIPs which added metrics usually used a table, with the MBean
name, metric type and description. SeeKIP-551 for example (or KIP-748,
KIP-608). Similarly you could use a table in the proposed changes section
rather than describing the tree you'd see in an MBean console.

Good point! Updated the KIP to use a table to list the MBean name, metric
type and descriptions.

Thank you.
Luke