Thanks for the discussion Colin and Proven.

CLIs can be difficult to design when there are complicated use cases.
Did we consider having CLI flags only for the common case? I would
think that the common case is SCRAM for one user.

For the complicated and less common cases they have to provide a
"configuration file" that contains all of the SCRAM users and their
passwords.

The common case could be:
--scram-user alice
--scram-algo SHA-256
--scram-password ...
--scram-salt ...
--scram-iterations ...

If the user wants to provide multiple scram configurations they need
to use --scram-config <path-to-file>. The file would be human readable
(maybe JSON or .properties) and contains the scram configuration for
multiple users.

--
-José